Dunno if anybody knows about this already. This is a pretty fun game, I gotta say. I played for a couple of hours.
For myself, I got to Level 22, and stopped there because I need my sleep. However, I'm going to try to break that record in the future (EDIT: Gotten to Level 45 so far).
Things I've learned while playing:
- Upgrading your ponies' damage is a good first step. This truly helps in maximizing their usefulness.
- I personally prefer the Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle units. They function as close-quarters, sniper, and splash damage units, respectively. Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash function as speed, slowing, and multi-hit units.
- As with all tower defense games with an above-view map, unit placement is key. Rarity units, for example, should go in the middle, so as to maximize their range. Applejack units, on the other hand, should go in corners (preferably ones that the enemies must pass twice) so as to maximize the effectiveness of their melee attack. Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash units should be able to reach multiple lanes of enemy traffic. Fluttershy units should be set across from or near other units of another type, as Fluttershy does not give damage. Pinkie Pie goes well with Fluttershy.
- After damage, the player must choose whether to upgrade the range or delay (fire-rate). You'll either be able to hit enemies that are farther away, or hit closer enemies more times. Given the opportunity, upgrade both.
- While it is better to upgrade a few ponies than to place very many of them, you should also have a few extra ponies around should things get messy. No more than ten are required for some time (I didn't use more than 9 to hit Level 22), but you should think about placing one every now and again.