Blogging

Discussion in 'Community Help and Support' started by Dark Sparkle, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Dark Sparkle

Dark Sparkle Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    I introduced myself and all, but i'm apparently still not allowed to create a blog.

2. Azeth

Azeth ☆Demon of Misery☆
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    It's due to your rank. Once you get beyond Blank Flank, you gain access to the blog and the signature customization. These features were added before the one who programmed them left the site for good.

3. 4SNK

4SNK Drifter between realms
    New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    Wait, so the site has no software developer?

4. Azeth

Azeth ☆Demon of Misery☆
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    Jewel was our resident staff member to know how to code alot of the stuff when it comes to backgrounds and the rank system.

Tyro, our head admin and owner if the site, himself is a coder. Though he has been focused on his own projects in recent years.

Alot of the creative and programming part of the community has unfortunately moved on. At least here they did.

Though Jewel has proven recently that they have a case of the lurks~ So, it's up in the air really.

5. 4SNK

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    I see.
    Then is not THAT abandoned after all.

6. Fenris Rose

Fenris Rose Going Through Changes
    Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Not entirely.
    But remember that this is a decade-old forum for a show that ended in 2019, so it's not as active as it used to be.

7. 4SNK

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    I mean, I guess I know, but then again I noticed many site dev things were halted. Was wondering about that and knowing one of the site devs left explains a lot.

I guess in general it would be pointless to spend the time and effort on developing the site given people has lost interest on the fandom in general.

On the other hoof, the G5 hype might raise activity on the fandom in general. At least at 4chan /mlp/ has been quite faster than it was for the last 3 years. I've seen unattended threads get archive in half a day, when it took them even up to 2 days to die due innactivity.

I mention this because in a very optimistic scenario the forums could liven up slightly, though the other forum seems to be taking all the new traffic.

8. Azeth

Azeth ☆Demon of Misery☆
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    Maybe. However just because 4chan is seeing activity in it's MLP section again, doesn't automatically mean we will see traffic here again. It's not unusual to see old topics on 4chan respark with activity in light of new developments.

Though for forums like this, there is no garentee we will see a spike in activity. Yes there has been a slow trickle of new members every so often. However, there is no garentee they will remain active once G5 fires off on all cildanders. We will have a long wait till G5 starts. And the movie isn't till fall. Or maybe a rekindling may happen and this site will see the almost activity it's seen in years.

Though I lean toward the fore than the latter. I kinda see forums, like this one, being left behind as relics of G4's time and new forums being made for G5.

All we can do is wait and see.

9. Fenris Rose

Fenris Rose Going Through Changes
    Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Whatever happens, I just hope it's less toxic this time.

And I say that with full acknowledgement of my own past toxicity, so... yeah.

Azeth bro hoofs this.
  10. 4SNK

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    Ok?

Now the both of you got me curious, but sometimes things are better left forgotten I guess :laugh:

11. Azeth

Azeth ☆Demon of Misery☆
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    Well the answer is a mixed bag. We have had both good and bad things happen here. Though if anything, the bad is best to be forgotten. Yes.

In regards to if this forum will rekindle, I still hold to what I said that I really do not see this forum making a comeback. Though I would definitely love to be proven wrong~

But as it stands, it's still too early to make a definitive call, outside speculation. So, here's hoping I am wrong, and we see this site rejuvenated with new activity for G5.

12. 4SNK

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    Yah.
    I myself am trying to put my stuff here instead of anywhere else and see if I can help drag some attention over here. It's gonna take me a while, but hopefully it can help revive this place.

Azeth bro hoofs this.