G5 general?

Discussion in 'General MLP Discussion' started by 4SNK, Jul 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. 4SNK

4SNK Drifter between realms
    New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    I see most people around don't even have a thread to talk about G5. Not that we should, I mean, I think this forums are pretty much g4 and there's a certain air of oldtime goodness to that, but I still feel a bit of wonder about what do you guys think of G5 so far.
    I mean, we don't really have much on the main line of G5. Pretty much only the movie and the make your mark special (if we can count that one for the main line, that's it). But we have the spin off youtube series (which I haven't really watched except for the episode with the amazing song) and the game (which I haven't bought and doesn't seem to be anywhere port royale on ps4 :whink:).

I'm kinda excited for the upcomming show. The movie left me a good aftertaste and certainly the music in TYT has been good. The show isn't even out and we already have a booper with almost the same quality to "Becoming popular".
    I mean, just listen to it!

I'm thinking maybe I should give the bean mouths a chance and see what does Tell your tale has to offer. Has anyone watched it?

2. Curtis Wildcat

Curtis Wildcat Raging Shopaholic
    Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    I haven't taken the time to watch G5-related stuff directly, so I don't have any feelings about it one way or the other. Izzy seems kinda cool, though.

3. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Do you like bananas?
    Admin egg Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    ETL Developer
    I watched the movie when it came out. It wasn't bad, but I guess not memorable? Pretty much what I remember now is that Izzy seems kinda cool.

4. MoonlightSparkle

MoonlightSparkle Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    Have watched all of the G5 content thusfar. I can say that it is not too bad, though, it will never be the same magic that drew me into G4.

5. Minterwute

Minterwute Cookie Horse
    Admin Community Moderator Tech Staff Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Senior Software Architect
    the movie was most definitely the highlight, and I feel they underutilized Sprout in the show proper
    being a flawed character puts him into a position that's suitable for a lot of character development and growth