Herd of Singing Sparrows RP! (Please read, worth your time!)

Discussion in 'OOC / Sheets Section' started by MJ-, Feb 16, 2018.

1. MJ-

MJ- Riku
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    Herd of Singing Sparrows
    A Deer-based RP

On a faraway island, which is more of a continent, that stands alone, there are deer. There are two herds, the Herd of Singing Sparrows, and the Herd of Dancing Robins, rarely contacting each other, but when they do, there is rivalry and war. These deer are different than the normal deer you may find in a forest. Some does may bear antlers, and some adult deer may have spots, and some young deer, though rare, may be born with no spots at all. The most remarkable thing about these deer, is that they have more. More than grass or trees. They live in huts, they use cloth, they mine iron, they blow glass. They have different builds, as well. Not all bucks are strong and buff (although 90% of them are) and not all does are lean and agile.

There are many different ranks. Here, they are listed with the highest at the top, the second-in-command in the middle, and the equal ranks at the bottom.

Chief, or Head Master (two words)
    The Chief is always a buck. He is large, strong, does not speak much, and is in command. He is treated like a king, bowed to and obeyed by all except the Undermasters and the most arrogant of fawns.

Undermasters

Foraging Master
    This Master is nearly always a respected, older doe. She marks out who's turn it is to do the foraging for the day, and selects from the eldest fawns who is to be the newest Forager. (See "Foragers")

Guard Master
    This Master is usually a younger brother of the Chief. He trains young bucks to become strong Guards to accompany Miners and Foragers, or chase away danger.

Fawn Master
    This Master job may have multiple holders, they are always the young does and bucks who are too old to play with other fawns anymore and have not been picked for a job yet. Every fawn dreads this job.

Glass Master
    This Master simply oversees all of the glass-blowing.

Mining Master
    The strongest and most experienced Miner takes this job. He or She sends out mining Parties to holes in the ground to work from dawn to dusk on days the Herd needs metal.

Healing Master
    Always a doe, this Master trains other does to heal deer in need.

Weaving Master
    This Master teaches and oversees the deer to weave fine and thick cloth.

Jobs

Foragers
    A Forager, on the day it is their Task to go out and forage, simply finds food and removes any harmful plants. Some fawns dread this job until they learn. Foragers must have a sharp eye, be swift on their feet, and be able to endure hunger. Fawns chosen for this job will be Foraging Assistants, which gather the things needed for the Task that day. They will gather two bottles of warm water, and small woven bags, and put them in a bag to hang over their back. They will carry what they and their teacher find.

Guards
    Guards are bucks that, on their Task day, sit and keep watch in the Camp. One may, on occasion, serve the Chief, fetching something if he needs it and is unable to get it himself. They fight off danger in teams if called, and younger ones have been known to be rowdy or proud.

Fawns
    Being a fawn is not really a job. They play in a field to the side of camp so that they do not annoy the older deer. They are allowed to stray into camp and say hello to Idle deer who have no task, or to their family. Arrogant or proud fawns may bother the Chief, or be punished by being assigned an unclean task, such as grooming the Elder Deer, which reside with the Chief. Many fawns, when they aren't playing, enjoy carving corks and figures out of wood, or drawing in the dirt or on stiff parchment made from tree bark. Older fawns (12-14) usually are Tasked with making corks, looms, spools, needles, twine, or parchment.

Glass-Blowers
    Glass-Blowers collect sand and use fire to blow it into round bottles, spheres with a vial-like opening. These bottles are used for everything, from storing herbs and food to collecting water or seeds. They have been known to hold grudges on those who break the bottles. On a Festival day, they may create sculptures or necklace charms to give to other deer. They must have strong lungs and be very gentle with their hooves. They usually wear cloth around their hooves to soften their touch, which results in fine imprints in the bottles. Glass-Blowing assistants may fetch cloth or deer-made matches, or wooden corks for the bottles.

Miners
    Miners use large rocks fashioned into sharp, sturdy sticks to mine out metal and crystals as resources for the Herd. They must be strong and have much endurance. Mining Assistants may carry extra rock-picks or carry mined resources. Only the most hard-working Miners get Assistants, and when they do, they get two.

Healers/Medics
    Healers are always does. Younger healers may be timid or shy. They use herbs that foragers have brought back and thick, soft parchment made from large leaves to dress wounds and heal diseases. There is a myth that some healers have magic, but nobody's ever seen it. Healing Assistants (Medics) may treat minor wounds or fetch things from their hut.

Weavers
    Weavers simply weave cloth for scarves, blankets, shawls, bandannas, and for washing things. They enjoy mending things and sewing, since the needle doesn't puncture their hoof. Assistant Weavers may fetch a new loom or some thread, or weave on a smaller loom.

Living Conditions

Chief
    The Chief lives in a very large hut, beyond the edge of camp, across from the Fawn's Field.

Undermasters
    The Masters live in huts around the camp in a semicircle, separated by a few deer-lengths.

Employed Deer
    Employed Deer in active jobs that they must perform every day, such as Glass-Blowers and Weavers, live in huts scattered around the Master's hut.

Fawns
    Fawns live with their families, and are usually employed with their siblings if they have any. It's common for them to have a hut in the area near the Fawn's Field, between it and the Employed Deer's huts, with an elder sibling to watch over them. This is where mother deer or elder sisters and their fawns live.

Map

Map
    Blue Area: Glass Blowers
    Orange Area: Guards
    Green Area: Foragers
    Purple Area: Healers
    Red Area: Weavers
    Black Area: Miners
    Green Field: Fawn's Field
    Sandy-Color: Sandy Floor
    Brown: Dirt Paths

Locations

Living Hut
    Inside a Living hut, there are typically 2-5 mats of THICK fabric and a smaller piece for a pillow, with two blankets per mat: a thick one for winter and a thin one for summer. There's a storage bin with bottles containing water and leftover food rations or shares, and maybe a few toys if fawns live there as well. There's usually a washbin and a wastebasket, and an area with Japanese-style paper dividers and a pool inside for bathing. For a simpler description, imagine a small Japanese hotel room with a soft dirt floor and maybe some woven towels strewn about for a carpet. There may be candles, flowers, and a case of deer-made matches as well. Along with these, there's a small box by the foot of each mat that the user may put personal items in. It is considered extremely rude to look in one of these boxes that is not your own. In the center of the hut, there is a short table with pillows for seats, and a few dishes. (Including a tea set, small families enjoy tea before bed.) The walls are made of wood, padded on both sides with parchment, and straw roofs with wood support.

Master's Hut
    A Master's Hut is basically a larger, more luxurious and rich-looking version of a Living Hut. The walls are made of stone and the roof is wood.

Working Hut
    The huts around a Master's hut, if any, are constructed like Living Huts. Two are lived in, with many mats to fit the employees, and one is filled with instruments of the job. Glass-Blowers will have blowing tables, cases of matches, and bags of sand. Weavers will have looms and TONS of string.

Fawn's Field
    The Fawn's Field is where Fawns play. There are flowers, safe-to-eat berries, towels and carpets strewn about, and occasional pine trees.

Cheif's Hut
    You cannot see it from camp, as it is hidden by pine trees, but the Chief's hut is made of stone and has many rugs, fine metals, and a rocky path. Nobody but the Chief and, if any, his family may enter.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. To apply, simply create a deer OC and submit it onto DeviantArt and post the link here! Manes are optional, but HIGHLY recommended. Here's an example for what I'm looking for (base by kittycatkaylie123): Riku This is my OC for this RP, Riku. You may have multiple OCs, but YOU MAY NOT CREATE ONE FOR CHEIF OR UNDERMASTER. They will be RPed by the creator (Me) or Mods, if any. DO NOT ASK TO BECOME A MOD. In your application, include a RP example. SHORT IS OKAY! I do short replies all the time.

Edit: There's been a complication. If you want to join, go to this Discord and apply: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Peace out for now!

~MJ

#1 MJ-, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. Eluuna

Eluuna У вас нет жизни. Вы гуглите это.
    Community Moderator Wizard

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I'm going to move this one to character sheets just so people know where to look for it, but it sounds really cool! How long have you been working on it?

(MOVED)

3. MJ-

MJ- Riku
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    Thanks for moving it!
    Well, I came up with the idea of making a deer herd rp I think a long time ago and then I made Riku, then suddenly a couple days ago this idea popped into my head. I rped a scene out with myself and loved it, so then I took 2 hours and typed this up. ^^;

4. Eluuna

Eluuna У вас нет жизни. Вы гуглите это.
    Community Moderator Wizard

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I would be interested if you get enough people! It sounds cool.

5. MJ-

MJ- Riku
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    awesome! if you joined now, I'd make you a mod so you could play as one of the undermasters.. they're mostly pre-made personalities with names and the rest is up to you.