A 4D show - nothing final right now.

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by Ecco the Dolphin, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Ecco the Dolphin

Ecco the Dolphin The Dolphin of the Site

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Head Engineer of the Engine of Salvation
    I just started fantasizing about an idea.

A lot of fans have contributed a lot to the fandom - a lot of things which I never even expected. I guess this idea I had could be another one of those things.
    Now, I do get into writing fanfiction, and I've dabbled with art, but its never really been the center of what inspires me - i.e., rides, attractions, etc.. So my idea is, what if there was some interest in a 4D show, complete with queue, storyline, and immersion, completely based off of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, at a convention that would be willing to host it? Something like...

This:
    View attachment 6442 (this is a just a concept layout for now. P.S.: I named both theaters Twilight and Trixie - they have nothing else to do with those two characters besides being named after them)

Right now, I have a lot of barriers preventing me from even thinking about affording this - especially since this would (A. Take up a good amount of space within any convention, and some conventions may not be able to contain it, (B. It would be very expensive, and (C. It would take a lot of time to coordinate, time I don't really have at the moment. But if it does work out, then here is the concept:

-Will be a small, low-budget structure inside of a convention.

-Will include a queue in the inside for the show, themed to look as if you are inside of a Manehattan exhibit hall.

-After the line, there would be a preshow adding to the storyline of the show, including safety advice for the experience, with... Derpy.

-A 3D show commences, and after a certain... unsettling conflict arises the lights go out and the show transitions to being a sensory thriller (best example I can think of for this sensory thriller would be Stitch's Great Escape at wdw). Seats provided in the back row of the audience will not include sensory thriller effects for the less courageous types.

Nothing is said in stone right now, since I'm just considering giving this idea a shot within the next couple of years or so. I'm really just making this thread to see if there would be any real interest in this. (Bear in mind - I'm pretty sure I can guarantee that this will not show up at any conventions any time soon at all.)

I'll be blogging about any progress with the design of the show building and the actual show itself.

So... Thoughts?

#1 Ecco the Dolphin, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. Vulpine Taco

Vulpine Taco A Pony Every Pony Should Know

Bro hoofs Received:
    The Derpy saftey video should be like the Simpson's ride thing with Itchy and Scratchy, showing the consequenses of breaking the rules. xD

3. Ecco the Dolphin

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    You read my mind ninthworld ;)

4. Vulpine Taco

Vulpine Taco A Pony Every Pony Should Know

Bro hoofs Received:
    I tend to do that... If you need help with any story stuff, feel free to ask me...

5. Ecco the Dolphin

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Sure, any help is appreciated. I could pm you the basic idea of the storyline that I had thought of so far if you're interested.

6. Flaming Ashes

Flaming Ashes An Everypony Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Cadet Airman Apprentice for the USNSCC
    I would love to experience this. You should go viral with your idea, on youtube, other forums, and even bring it up with twitter and everything. I'm sure you can get the money (via donations) and get in contact with those who are in charge of brony related conventions and such. Hell Im sure hasbro would love to make a sweet penny from this. So bring it up with them also

7. Ecco the Dolphin

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I do have a blog about it now on this site - I just might get on to working on getting this on youtube and twitter when I can. I'm considering whether or not if I want to have this be a traveling experience as well, traveling to each convention willing to host it. Thanks for your feedback! I wasn't completely sure how interesting this was going to be amongst the fandom.