Amy Keating-Rogers leaving MLP.

Discussion in 'Episode Discussion' started by VG_Addict, Apr 28, 2015.

1. VG_Addict

VG_Addict A Pony Every Pony Should Know
    Regular

Bro hoofs Received:
  2. Rockout E. Stringer

Rockout E. Stringer Feelin' guitty!!
    Community Moderator egg Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Graphic Artist
    It really sucks but I still wish her the best of luck in the future.

(BTW, I think this belongs in General MLP Discussion.)

3. Airship McHoof

Airship McHoof A Pony Every Pony Should Know
    Banned Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    This may sound like a silly request, but...

...can we start a petition to have Greg Weisman take her place?

Greg is a veteran of several highly-acclaimed cartoon shows. His style of writings, with smart plots and a fine balance between action and character development, is just what this show needs.

Not to mention, Weisman has experience working on a Pony-esque show...

[video=youtube;6iryAE_x_eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iryAE_x_eQ[/video]

4. LostSanity

LostSanity Official Anti-Brony
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    Unemployed
    I'll be completely honest here.

I was pretty disappointed when I learned this. It also makes me worry for the future quality of MLP: FiM episodes.

However, complaining isn't really going to do any good.

All I can do is just hope for the best and hope MLP: FiM will still be good without her.

:ahh:

5. Fenris Rose

Fenris Rose Going Through Changes
    Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Other than the fact that it has female main characters and features magic, how is W.I.T.C.H. anything like MLP:FiM?

6. Airship McHoof

Airship McHoof A Pony Every Pony Should Know
    Banned Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    "Known as mahou shoujo ('magical girl') in Japanese, Magical Girls are empowered by various means with fantastic powers that both assist and complicate their lives, but manage to persevere despite this.No matter how hard it may be for the Western world to believe, Magical Girls have high crossover popularity with different demographics, with some minor but appropriate design modifications and make up a sizable portion of both shojo and bishoujo fandom."

Both "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" and "W.I.T.C.H." are examples of Western Magical Girl shows.

7. SoulEmber

SoulEmber Deemed #Horse Famous by Tarby
    Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Student
    I'm sorry to see her go. She was an excellent writer on the show, and I enjoyed the episodes she worked on. I'm sure the show will continue to do fine, and this will give some of the newer writers they brought in during Season 4 to get some more practice. I'm also proud that there hasn't been a fandomwide proclamation of "This will kill the show!"

8. Dulset Tarn

Dulset Tarn Practically Part of the Site Itself

Bro hoofs Received:
    I'm pretty glad, to be honest. She wrote some amazing stuf early on, but her episodes have been getting worse and worse. I'm not saying she's bad so she deserves to go, she's far from the worst writer on the team. But I think it's best if she heads out before her record gets any worse, you know?

9. Nights☆

Nights☆ Marceline

Bro hoofs Received:
    Vampire Queen
    To be quite honest, I don't really know a lot of the writers for the show. I enjoy watching it and what have you but I've never had enough interest to delve that deep into it. Aside from the voice actors and a few of the writers, McCarthy and Larson, I don't know much about the behind the scenes stuff. I'm sure I've seen her work and there's not really an episode that I dislike in the show, so it's a bit disheartening to see her leave. I have to say though, Faust "left" a while back and I still enjoy watching the show.

In all honesty, I assumed Hasbro was a subsidiary under Disney. Disney owns pretty much everything anyway.

In all seriousness, I hope she has the best of luck in her new career choice. I love Disney movies so maybe I'll get to see some of her work ... again?

-Nights