Bottom 5 S5 episodes.

Discussion in 'Episode Discussion' started by VG_Addict, Nov 21, 2015.

1. VG_Addict

VG_Addict A Pony Every Pony Should Know
    Regular

Bro hoofs Received:
    With S5 just about over, what were the 5 episodes you liked the least?

2. Lioconvoy

Lioconvoy Creeping out Toaster Repair Pony since 8/31/2015
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    7 Eleven Clerk
    Crusaders of the Lost Mark. Never should have been a bloody musical ep. The story had potential but they made it *squee!* by making it a musical ep. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

3. LostSanity

LostSanity Official Anti-Brony
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    Unemployed
    I don't have 5.

However... I say the worst episode (for me) was definitely "What About Discord?"

:angry:

4. RainbowDash9000

RainbowDash9000 Mistress of Awesomeness
    Wizard

Bro hoofs Received:
    I think 'Princess Spike' was the worst for me. Mostly because Spike ruined everything like usual.

5. Dulset Tarn

Dulset Tarn Practically Part of the Site Itself

Bro hoofs Received:
    5. Make New Friends but Keep Discord: This one really made Fluttershy out to be kind of a jerk. Discord obviously overreacted, but all of his behavior was spurred on by Fluttershy being uncharacteristically inconsiderate for the whole episode. The Smooze was a big letdown, and Celestia enjoying the chaos was just a retread of what we'd seen before, despite being treated as a shock. Twilight doesn't have a very good memory apparently. And in the end, Discord's big revelation is that you can have more than one friend at a time? C'mon, Discord knows a thing or two about friendship, he's not an idiot. Heck, we already know that he considers Twilight and Fluttershy his friends!

4. Hearthbreakers: Talk about a gigantic wasted opportunity. The introduction of both Hearth's Warming and Pinkie's family were both very surprising moments that revealed a lot about Equestria and Pinkie Pie, while simultaneously raising many questions (as all good writing should do). Yet this episode takes both of those ideas and adds absolutely nothing to the mix, with all new information being bland and unsurprising. They eat rocks, they mine rocks, they don't actually farm rocks by the looks of it. Hearth's Warming is just reiterated without anything new. They actually ask Granny Smith what her real name is and she doesn't answer. Even what little character Maud had was contradicted. Also, cousinshipping?

3. Party Pooped: The story is nonsense, the conflict makes no sense, Pinkie's biggest character trait is suddenly made untrue, and the resolution had no logic behind it whatsoever. Talk about a mess.

2. What About Discord: This episode clearly wasn't meant to be enjoyed. The main premise is that the jokes aren't funny and the whole situation is uncomfortable. Those aren't just a negative opinion, they're the actual idea behind the episode in the first place. Why in the world was this greenlit?

1. Crusaders of the Lost Mark: For trampling over every bit of canon from the first season, overusing songs to once again hide the fact that there wasn't actually any story, having the most excuse-plot since Magical Mystery Cure, and sacrificing the most long-awaited and potential-rich plot thread in the series to just get it out of the way without any effort whatsoever. I could write pages on why this episode is the worst.

6. PinkieLover

PinkieLover The No.1 Pinkie Pie fan
    Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Student
    I really don't have a least favorite episode, all of them are good!

7. Tyro D. Fox

Tyro D. Fox Ho, hog, heg! I can does Game Dev thing, yes!
    Admin Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    Student
    Earth, Milky Way, A few thousand dots to the right
    I dunno...There I kinda disagree. I kinda felt like that episode was a second stab at the same structure as the Season 3 finale but they actually pulled it off. The songs were enjoyable and the musical aspect is great for compressing a story so that it doesn't have too many cut corners. You can get tons of ideas or characterisation across in music that dialogue doesn't convey in the same time span.

8. Lioconvoy

Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    7 Eleven Clerk
    Hate to disagree with the head honcho, but I don't see what was sung that couldn't have been said out of song. I feel the songs took to much away from the story. The only song that I felt was needed to tell the episode was Diamond's. The rest made everything feel too rushed and if felt like they cut too much to reach the conclusion the episode reach.

Again. My opinion, no one is force to share it.

9. Tyro D. Fox

Tyro D. Fox Ho, hog, heg! I can does Game Dev thing, yes!
    Admin Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    Student
    Earth, Milky Way, A few thousand dots to the right
    Fair enough.

Though, I didn't care for 'There's Something About Discord' and 'Brotherhood Social'. 'Raiders' was all right. I agree, it needed some more meat on the bones while leading up to 'OMG, DEM CUTIE MARKS!' and the reveal of the mother being the route of all evil was a bit trite but, I otherwise had fun.

10. Lioconvoy

Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    7 Eleven Clerk
    I can't even get myself to watch "There's something about Discord" the premise just seems rediculous. I tried watching a review of if and I couldn't even stomach that.

11. Blackened Blue

Blackened Blue The Element of Metal
    Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    World champion of typing names with my eyes closed
    I don't know about five, but my least favourites were Appleoosa's Most Wanted, Princess Spike and Tanks for the Memories. Watching them was an absolute chore (especially Tanks; absolutely hated that episode for some reason).

12. Dulset Tarn

Bro hoofs Received:
    The finale just tied for the #1 spot for me. Only reason it doesn't win by a landslide is because unlike any of those other episodes on the list, it did actually make me laugh a few times.

13. Lioconvoy

Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    7 Eleven Clerk
    I actually liked Appleoosa's Most Wanted. I found it a far better CMC episode than Raiders.

14. Dulset Tarn

Bro hoofs Received:
    I can't think of anything offensively bad about AMW other than the blatant disregard for how cutie marks work. Everything else was either okay or just boring. And while that cutie mark thing is kind of a big deal, Raiders took that same problem and ran with it.

15. Rockout E. Stringer

Rockout E. Stringer Feelin' guitty!!
    Community Moderator egg Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Graphic Artist
    This is a tough call. There weren't ANY episodes that I disliked so my bottom 5 is ONLY due to the fact that I like the other 21 more.

- Brotherhooves Social
    - The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows
    - The Hooffields and McColts
    - Party Pooped
    - Princess Spike

#15 Rockout E. Stringer, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  16. Aulos

Aulos Winds ღ
    New Pony

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Music Student
    Slice of Life is my bottom episode for the entire show, and by a very wide margin.

Princess Spike wasn't that great, either. Nor were any of the Discord episodes.

...Does that make five? I forget whether there were two or three Discord episodes...

17. Appledash2012

Appledash2012 A Pony Every Pony Should Know
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    What About Discord?

18. handiNAVI

handiNAVI Practically Part of the Site Itself

Bro hoofs Received:
    Fartist
    In no particular order:

1. Princess Spike
    2. Brotherhooves Social
    3. Tanks for the Memories
    4. What About Discord?
    5. Party Pooped/Hooffields and McColts

Not that these were bad, they were just utterly forgettable. Or they featured obnoxious characters *coughrainbowdashcough*.

On the other hand:

1. Amending Fences
    2. The Mane Attraction
    3. Rarity Investigates
    4. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?
    5. Crusaders of the Lost Mark

All of these I enjoyed very much. Especially Amending Fences and DPDoMS and CotLM. I thought they were all pretty solid episodes.

19. BlankFlank

BlankFlank An Everypony Regular
    Banned

Bro hoofs Received:
    What about Discord?
    Crusaders of the Lost Mark
    Made in Manehattan
    Party Pooped
    The Lost Treasure of Griffinstone

I think Princess Spike and The Hooffields and McColts get too much hate. Hooffields and McColts was even funny in some cases and it wasn't the worst Spike episode. Spike at your Service still hurts.