Everypony's Mafia l: The Beginner's Game SU

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Malon, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Malon

Malon Practically Part of the Site Itself
    New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    "The Changelings have invaded ponyville and are causing chaos among the townsfolk. Anyone could be a changeling. You could be a changeling, your friends could be changelings. Why, even I could be a changeling and you wouldn't even know. It's your job to root them out before they can cause some serious damage. Good luck, everypony. You'll need it."

Hello and welcome to the first ever Mafia game hosted on Everypony. Since most of you probably won't be familiar with this game, this will be an easy-breezy beginner's game.

Here is a quick rundown on what you need to know:
    There will be ten players. Three of them will be Changelings, or Mafia. The remaining seven will be town, or Townies. The Mafia's job is to get rid of as many townies as it takes to control half the vote or more, thus trivializing the voting process. The townies' job is to analyze their fellow players' posts and figure out who is mafia and "lynch" them, removing the lynched person from the game. Each Vanilla Townie may vote on who to lynch and those votes will be tallied at the end of the "day".

The mafia is still allowed to vote but each night they may, as a group, choose one person to kill(essentially their own lynching system.")

There will be four "power roles" for this game. Those are players that have special abilities, unlike the Vanilla Townies(who can only vote) and the Mafia Goons(The mafia equivalent to a Vanilla Townie. They may only choose as a group whom to kill).

Vannila Townie/Mafia Goon: Is not a power role. Townies may vote on who to Lynch, and Mafia may vote on who to kill in the Mafia Convo. Mafia Goons may vote doing the day as well.

The Town Doctor: Each night, the doctor may PM in their role PM one person who they will protect each "night". The protection will not work on lunches, and will only render the protected person immune to getting killed by the Madia that night.

The Town Cop: Each night, the Cop may PM the person they choose to "investigate". I will tell them which faction that person belongs to.

The Town Miller: A member of the Town Faction, but if a Cop investigates them, they will always come back as Mafia despite being Town.

The Godfather: The leader of the Mafia. Their single power is the opposite of the Miller's. They come back as town despite being mafia.

It is advised that you keep your role secret unless neccasary. Lying about your role(or fakeclaiming) is allowed for both factions. You may also choose to "Nameclaim" instead, and name the character you were given in your role PM instead of the role.

If you have any questions, ask below. I will leave some resources for you to consult as well.

The Mafia Wiki: http://mafiawiki.net/
    A standard mafia game: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/mafia-revival-game-thread.55827/
    As said in the above spoiler, there will be ten open slots, as well as infinite replacements. If you don't want to play now but would like to fill in if one of the players goes inactive for some reason without notice or for a prolonged period, sign up as a replacement.

Players:
    1. Sorunome

Replacements:

After the slots are filled, I will send out Role PMs and the game will begin. I look forward to you joining, and hope you all have fun. Remember if you have questions, ask below.

-Malon

#1 Malon, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. Malon

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    I have located my iPad and now have the Role PMs ready to be sent. Please sign up.

Thanks,

-Malon

3. Sorunome

Sorunome Silly Pony
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    University
    Oh yes, I love that game! Count me in!

How about we make it all pony-themed?
    [*]Changelings
    [*]Doctor -> Zebra
    [*]Cop -> Investigation pony?
    [*]Miller -> Discord? (Because that role is kinda trixter-ish)
    [*]Godfather -> Chrysalis

Malon bro hoofs this.
  4. Malon

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    Ha Ha! Good to see someone here that's familiar with the game. :)

I've already ponified all the roles, including having Chrysalis be the Godfather. But I believe Discord would be a better Miller character than the one I was using, so I thank you for the suggestions.

Alright everyone. Only nine more slots to fill! Join now!

5. Malon

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
  6. Sorunome

Sorunome Silly Pony
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    University
    I somehow have the feeling not many around here know/like mafia :(

Malon bro hoofs this.
  7. Malon

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    Indeed. Unfortunately.

8. Malon

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
  9. Malon

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    This obviously isn't going to happen, so I am cancelling it.

10. Sorunome

Sorunome Silly Pony
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    University