Rank S6 episodes.

Discussion in 'Episode Discussion' started by VG_Addict, Oct 28, 2016.

1. VG_Addict

VG_Addict A Pony Every Pony Should Know
    Regular

Bro hoofs Received:
    Now that Season 6 is over, how would you rank the episodes?

2. LostSanity

LostSanity Official Anti-Brony
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    Unemployed
    Instead of listing them all I'll just say which one was the best and which was the worst. For me anyway.

Worst:

To easy. Every Little Thing She Does. Thank you for proving that your a dumbass with no common sense Starlight. ::S:

Best:

I don't think there's really one I can say that was the 'best' this season since, for me, this season ended up only being 'average' in general.

There's probably two that I liked the most.

The Times They Are a Changeling and Buckball Season.

This is just me though. Obviously.

:dunno:

3. RainbowDash9000

RainbowDash9000 Mistress of Awesomeness
    Wizard

Bro hoofs Received:
    I would say about a 8.5/10

Season six was pretty good, loved the slice of life ones the best, and there was a lot of character development.

4. Rockout E. Stringer

Rockout E. Stringer Feelin' guitty!!
    Community Moderator egg Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Graphic Artist
    I give the season an 8/10. Good humor, good action, and of course SO MUCH STARLIGHT!!!:twi:

5. Empyrean Nikkou

Empyrean Nikkou Transient Existence

Bro hoofs Received:
    After reacquainting myself with what episodes were in this season, I'd rate it somewhere between a four and five out of ten. A lot of episodes were meh, and there were about as many below average episodes as good ones. For me, the crux of the season's issues were the bookends and lack of Starlight Glimmer books.

With the premiere, they basically use the birth of an alicorn, a story and wonder unto itself, as a backdrop to Starlight Glimmer's friendship lesson. Said mysterious, amazing birth just happens to lead to a dilemma that pushes the boring scenario between Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst into the background while — at the same time — conveniently leaving Flurry Heart in Forgetaboutitville (which continues to be the case for the rest of the season). There are just so many important/significant questions that are left unanswered, not all of which I have mentioned, which leaves me to doubt the competency of those responsible for the world-building aspects of the show.

With Starlight Glimmer, there simply wasn't enough screen time for her, and not in the "because I like her" way. What few friendship lessons she got didn't lend much to her development at all, especially whenever she had to share the spotlight with another character. There was next to zero casual scenarios where we can just enjoy who she is instead of it being tied to serious business (a problem largely caused by her friendship lessons being organized rather than organic), and the purpose of one such instance (A Hearth's Warming Tail) was rather dubious.

The finale was dreadfully facile, full of cheap conveniences either inadequately explained or never referenced beforehand. The plot twist at the end (which was also ridiculously convenient) had the bare minimum of foreshadowing and no development to illustrate that the changelings' instantaneous and unanimous betrayal was a possibility at all, much less made sense, even though it was the key to the antagonist's defeat. It was a superficial farce for the most part, a parlor trick show lacking substance and finesse.

6. Appledash2012

Appledash2012 A Pony Every Pony Should Know
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    8/10 I loved Starlight in this season.