Reminiscing

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Harmonious, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Harmonious

Harmonious New In Town
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    Being a jerk and the nicest person ever at the sam
    Hello everyone. I used to be active on here in 2013 and I have to say it was probably one of the most interesting experiences of my life. If I could choose anytime to go back to it would be the time when I would chat with people for hours in the now gone chatroom of this site. That may sound weird but, back then there wasn't really anything wrong in my life. I actually felt like I was a part of a community, and to be honest I was probably into My Little Pony more for the community than I was for the show. I made many friends on this site unfortunately none of whom I'm still friends with. I had been banned twice, on the first account, BluePonyTears, I was found to be underage and banned. Then I made a new account called AxOS7 (I think, I can't find that profile anywhere) and got banned for ERP (stupid I know). I'm no longer a brony and haven't been ever since I got banned. When I lost the connection to the community I lost my love for the show. And I never really made any good links with anyone I knew on the site.

There has never been a single community or friend group that I've been apart of that's ever come close to how wonderful this one was back in 2013. I felt apart of something. Honestly now I feel I bar myself too much from being able to make friends on the internet like I could before, but even then I've never been good at it. Now, no community is really based around anything I care about like this site was. No online chat is the same. It's all Discord now, but Discord doesn't feel the same.

Coming back to this site and seeing all the accounts I used to talk to makes me sad. If only I could find something like this again. It's upsetting seeing the site practically dead (from what I can see) and the chat room gone. I've been wanting to try and reconnect with people I used to know, but most accounts they linked are since dead. Oh well.

Just wanted to pour my heart out on this subject, since none of my friends would be interested and think I complain too much already. This is my personal thanks to this site for giving me such a good time back in the day. Honestly this site most likely partially formed me into the person I am today, and I'm glad it did. I don't think I'll ever find anything as pure and great as the chat was back then. Thank you.

I must add that, I was never really known on this site, just hung out and lurked in chat. Made some friends, got banned, then left.

#1 Harmonious, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  2. CRBWildcat

CRBWildcat Raging Shopaholic
    Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    I wish I could say "you're welcome", but 2013 was well before I first got here. :cool:

3. Lioconvoy

Lioconvoy Creeping out Toaster Repair Pony since 8/31/2015
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    7 Eleven Clerk
    Before my time too by two years.

4. Harmonious

Harmonious New In Town
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    Being a jerk and the nicest person ever at the sam
    Mostly every from that time is gone unfortunately. Except for some mods and the site owner.