Reminiscing

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Harmonious, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Swift_

Swift_ Former Radio Staff
    New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    Omnipony might be facing jail soon who knows lol, idk how his grooming drama ended but I remember he tried to downplay his mesed up actions as a mental illness. Dunno about the rest of the musicians tho

2. 4SNK

4SNK New In Town
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    Omni?
    What happened? Have stayed away from all musician related news.

3. Swift_

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    Recently admitted to grooming a much younger girl years ago, claims "hypersexuality" as an excuse, unfortunately nuked all his music in the process which is the only shame as his stuff was FIRE tho

4. 4SNK

4SNK New In Town
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    I had to look up what grooming means :laugh:
    A real shame, though. His music really was a whole different thing. Gladly I kept some of it. Lemme see if my peps have an archive to share it over here.

What's up with horsefamous and pedophillia? I didn't think we had that much dirt everywhere. :dunno:

5. Swift_

New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    It's sad, really. I feel bad for the person involved. But that's just the tip of the iceberg, bronies were a subgroup of furries and we inherited a lot of their sick drama as well.

I guess it's a common phenomenon for a group of empathic, accepting free thinkers to attract sick minded individuals who expect their deeds to be forgiven and forgotten because hey, "Love and Tolerance" amirite?
    I could be wrong now, but that's what it always looked like to me.

EDIT: off-topic but this is the most active I've ever been on this forum in the past decade and wow it actually feels great to keep wanting to come back and be excited to hit refresh over and over in anticipation of replies and activity.::S:

6. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Do you like bananas?
    Admin egg Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    ETL Developer
    I think you're right. And the perception of the fandom suffers. It happens in most fandoms. The loud outliers and extremists in the fandom are what makes the news. The regular stuff doesn't get views from people outside the fandom. So the news sees this stuff and reports it and that's the only thing people not in the fandom see.
    They see the extreme ones yelling about every minor injustice they perceive has happened. They see the rare sexual predator get caught.
    And when that's all they see in the news about the fandom, that's all the fandom is to them. And the 99% of the ones not like that at all are all bunched in with the 1%.

7. 4SNK

4SNK New In Town
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:

Woah woah woah. Hold your horses for a moment there.
    Dunno where you got that information from, but we were a totally separate subgroup at the beginning. I was there, we were the kind of anons who would despise furries and troll them whenever they got out of their contension board. We are more a subgroup derived from otakus/aniotas. Most of the very early anons that coined brony were rather active on anime and manga discussion, you can even tell from the art we were influenced mainly by weebs. Hell, we could even say we are derived from the touhou fandom, given most of us hanged at any touhou thread on /v/ and the IRCs were full of touhou references.
    That later on furries joined in buckets doesn't mean we are derived from them. Most likely, they contaminated our ranks. In january of 2011 we had a very clear line to divide us. The fandom boom blurred the line too much and then extreme progressists took over all brony media outlets and silenced all they deemed "wrong". One of the reasons we don't use the term brony over 4chan anymore is because we felt robed from the utopic community we built after the massive ban. Normies kept pushing us away from the sites we helped fund.

As a matter of fact, purists from /mlp/ can't stand furries. You can see the division between purist bronies and the rest over there. They don't endorse "realistic" ponies either because how close they are to furry art. There are entire posts from artists explaining anatomic differences between brony art and furry art.

Another reason why we don't like furries over there is the witch hunt they made against us due dumb popularity problems. They literally hated us because we were the new buttmonkey of the net. People picked on us a lot, and they missed to be the center of hateful attention. I can quote a furry that was friends with my exfiance: "you guys took away our popularity! That's why we hate you brony trash!". I'm not kidding on that quote. Dude even celebrated when she cheated on me.

#47 4SNK, Feb 21, 2021 at 4:01 PM
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021 at 5:03 PM
  8. Poisonous Nightmare

Poisonous Nightmare ~Pink Insanity~
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    I will not argue your opinion and reasoning here. Though I would like to announce something that may cause some ire.

I am a furry. Though unlike alot of those in the fandom, I don't outright make it my personality. If anything, I really could care less about the popularity drama. And I will admitably say that there are things I hate about fellow furries. And it's similarly the case for self proclaimed bronies too. And that's the toxicity in both. Granted the furry fandom is far more severe.

And if I could. You have my condolences with with what you had to deal with regarding your ex-fiance and her friend. I honestly am disgusted that anyone would drag that kinda drama BS into things it has no place being. More importantly, I am genuinely embarrassed that a fellow fur would do such a thing.

If this changes your outlook on me. That's fair enough. And I will not blame you if you wish to poke fun. Honestly alot of the furry fandom deserves it for it's fair share of stupidity.

Anyway. That is my two cents. Take that as you will.

#48 Poisonous Nightmare, Feb 21, 2021 at 6:57 PM
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021 at 7:04 PM
  9. 4SNK

4SNK New In Town
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    No worries. I know not all furries are like that. Glad to know you're not like them. I still have a few friends from your fandom. Some are really cool.

In any case, I will be less vocal about my disliking for the collective since I know it could be bothersome to you and honestly I would hate to harm you given you've been a good person towards me.

10. Fenris Rose

Fenris Rose Going Through Changes
    Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I am not a furry, I am an anthropomorphic media aficionado

11. Poisonous Nightmare

Poisonous Nightmare ~Pink Insanity~
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    I appreciate the consurn, but it's alright. I am not a person who would sit in the proverbial house fire that is furry fandom toxiticy and say 'this is fine', when it's clearly not.

And I am glad you have friends in the fandom that aren't as bad~

Which is perfectly fine~

For me though, as much as I find it neat that there is anthro versions of MLP characters, I cannot personally bring myself muddle the purity of the characters like that in my fan creations and ocs in general. Not that I haven't tried. It just didn't feel right for me is all.

#51 Poisonous Nightmare, Feb 21, 2021 at 8:54 PM
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021 at 9:13 PM