Speak whats in your mind

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by DesuPastaLuv, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Rockout E. Stringer

Rockout E. Stringer Feelin' guitty!!
    Community Moderator egg Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Graphic Artist
    I swear, I'm never selling another damn thing on Ebay again. I sold an item for $4.00, paid $7.10 to ship it, and didn't find out until after I'd printed the label that the buyer only paid $4.50 for shipping. So basically, I made $1.40. KISS MY ASS, EBAY!!!!!!! :mad:

2. Azeth

Azeth ☆Demon of Misery☆
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    Well aside from listening to music atm, I've been really thinking about where I need to place my priorities. The thing is, a job isn't one. Though I do see that my own mind has created pre-determined priorities that I plan on breaking. One is unquestioned loyalty to my parents. There is part of me that loves them, but they have done too much wrong to respect. The other thing is that I am thinking of putting friends second to my own needs. My own needs and happiness being priority number one. I've done too much to try to help others and it's left me in pain/regret. So unless it's someone I can for sure help, I'm not doing *squee!* to help anyone. I'll give advice if it's needed, but that is really about it. For most, it would seem I am being selfish. However, when you have been dragged through the dirt as long as I have, you eventually have to say 'enough is enough'. And most of traumas and self-esteem issues I have are due to my Step-Mother being a controlling psycho who *squee!*es when nothing goes her way. So yeah.

3. RainbowDash9000

RainbowDash9000 Mistress of Awesomeness
    Wizard

Bro hoofs Received:
    I've been pondering over this for awhile now and I think it's best I just say it; I kind of want to leave EP. For my own personal reasons and the site just doesn't feel the same as it used to be. Though a certain user got pissed at me for saying I should stop popping in and out again and it made me feel bad. It's like I HAVE to be here because I'm very well-known here, was active during the time, made some new friends, and have a lot memories here? I'm not into the show anymore either, just the community itself. I honestly don't know what to do.

No one really pays attention in this section anymore anyways

#683 RainbowDash9000, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. Curtis Wildcat

Curtis Wildcat Raging Shopaholic
    Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    I've been trying over at DeviantArt recently to spread some awareness of cyber-bullying. I used to think that dealing with it in person at school was bad enough, but to see someone get harassed online as well? I try to keep my cool when I can for the sake of my health, but when someone I was acquainted with for several years began suffering the full brunt of it, it didn't feel right to me to just keep my mouth shut.

It infuriates me at times knowing just how sociopathic people can be.

5. Curtis Wildcat

Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    I found out today that my bank account was compromised via my debit card. Thankfully the people the bank has acting in their behalf were able to catch things in time, so I'll just leave things at that for the sake of my temper.

6. Rockout E. Stringer

Rockout E. Stringer Feelin' guitty!!
    Community Moderator egg Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Graphic Artist
    Well, it's Splatfest and I found out the hard way that Nintendo is at it again. Do you like playing your Switch games online for free like you've been able to do since it's launch... and like you did on Wii U? Well you're gonna LOVE this! Now you have to PAY for that!! Cool, right?

I've tried to stay positive and not be one of the "Nintendo died with Iwata" folks but they've made it extremely hard with the decisions that have been made ever since. The 1-year subscription may only be $20 (which I begrudgingly paid using my middle finger) but it's the principle of it that pisses me off. They hook you in then stick it to you. Really good business model, jackasses!! :mad:

7. Lioconvoy

Lioconvoy Creeping out Toaster Repair Pony since 8/31/2015
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    7 Eleven Clerk
    They were always going to go paid, they just didn't have it set up till now. When I got mine it there was a message about the service going paid eventually.

8. Enalis Nailo

Enalis Nailo Tau Kappa Epsilon
    Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Lol, work :D
    Rushed and got initiated into a fraternity last November. Thank god because before that I was an awkward kid with no friends lol. This forced me to go out and meet people

9. Curtis Wildcat

Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    So I signed up last night for a Twitter account. Made a couple posts, put stuff on my profile, the usual. Logged out.

I try to log in on my lunch break today, and I find out that Twitter's blocked my account due to suspicious activity. I try to get in, but it won't let me unless I can provide a phone number it can send a code to. So I entered my home phone number.

No dice; apparently it's "unsupported". And I can't enter any other number in because I don't own a smartphone. The only other phone in the house belongs to my Mom, and I'm sure as Michigan not using that (it's basically a glorified remote control for my Amazon Fire Stick anyway).

So... yeah. This situation isn't doing my temper any favors. Congratulations to Twitter: one of the world's prime social media outlets has succeeded in making me anti-social. :mad:

10. Azeth

Azeth ☆Demon of Misery☆
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    Let me be the first to tell you that Twitter isn't exactly the nicest place, no matter if it's the most used social media service. So this maybe for the best. But yeah. Twitter has very tight fisted, tyrannical policies. And most of the time, your account gets banned for very stupid reasons. They also enforce a strong no multi-account policy. So if you had a old account and forgot about it, and tried to make a new one. It'll auto ban your new account as soon as you make it, because it's to the same IP address.

#690 Azeth, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  11. Curtis Wildcat

Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    Lio beat you to it already, but thanks anyway. :(

12. Azeth

Azeth ☆Demon of Misery☆
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    Yeah, I figured. I'm hardly on enough to catch this stuff too often anymore. But don't let the whole thing with Twitter get you too upset. You really are not missing much. It's all stupidity cranked to the max on there.

13. Curtis Wildcat

Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    Not too different from the Internet at large, when you stop to think about it.

14. Azeth

Azeth ☆Demon of Misery☆
    Old-Timer

Bro hoofs Received:
    Spiritualist
    Yeah true. Unfortunately.

15. Curtis Wildcat

Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    I found out from my mom today that an old family friend back in Michigan went through some serious stuff recently. Apparently, a fall in the bathtub eventually led to the discovery that he had terminal cancer and wasn't doing well at all, and he ended up needing to go to rehab. While he was there, not only were the nurses mean to him, but some overeager jerk stole his phone. (Yeah, I know you're not supposed to have those with you there, but seriously.)

This man had been on friendly terms with my family for at least the past 30 years. He'd handled the catering at events like wedding receptions, graduation parties (including mine), and I want to say the odd talent show or two. Having my mom tell me about the stuff he's been through, and knowing that it's happening to him... yes, I'm a little vexed and venting right now. :mad:

I had a hunch back in 2007 when we moved to Kansas that I wouldn't be seeing a lot of those people again. It's times like this that I hate being right.

16. Fenris Rose

Fenris Rose Going Through Changes
    Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I loved this forum back in the good ol' days, but now I'm jut here for nostalgia's sake and it kinda feels like visiting an old friend on their deathbed.

17. Curtis Wildcat

Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    It's some cause for concern, sure, but as long as a few of us are still around, the site's not dead yet. ;)

I still plan to update the Song of the Week thread, at least, for as long as the site exists.

18. Curtis Wildcat

Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    A few months ago I'd mentioned that a family friend was suffering from cancer. As an update, he passed away a few weeks ago, and I attended his memorial service via video teleconferencing. Had to happen sooner or later, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. At the very least, he's finally sleeping pain-free now.

A few weeks before he died, he received a letter from someone he'd had little to no contact with in at least a decade. I didn't get to hear the whole letter, but the gist of it was that the writer had been going through a rough patch in the 90s after his brother suicided himself, and our friend was able to help him through it. The writer thanked him for that and wrote about how much of an impact he'd had on his life. Hearing that was pretty uplifting compared to everything else going on in the world today.

And as a plus, I finally got to see some of the people that I hadn't seen or talked to much since 2007. That was pretty much the highlight of the day for me.

19. kblade44

kblade44 Practically Part of the Site Itself
    New Pony

Bro hoofs Received:
    that's some heartbreaking story

20. Curtis Wildcat

Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Title Researcher
    Yeah, but at least he doesn't have to worry about any pain anymore. He's sleeping easy now, and I can take some solace from knowing that.