Top 5 Badass Fights in Cartoon Shows

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Airship McHoof, May 16, 2015.

1. Airship McHoof

Airship McHoof A Pony Every Pony Should Know
    Banned Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    5-GHOST RIDER VS GALACTUS:

[video=youtube;JiwT-mGEzhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiwT-mGEzhE[/video]

4-KIM POSSIBLE VS SHEGO:

[video=youtube;Wu6ECS8VtHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu6ECS8VtHg[/video]

3-LEONARDO VS THE SHREDDER:

[video=youtube;LJ95Q3xdLxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ95Q3xdLxs[/video]

2-THE AVENGERS AND THE FANTASTIC FOUR VS DOCTOR DOOM:

[video=youtube;q5FcKAe4M1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5FcKAe4M1w[/video]

1-THE MANE SIX VS THE CHANGELINGS:

[video=youtube;D1IY-qctgww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1IY-qctgww[/video]What do you think?

2. Heimdall

Heimdall The wiking expert

Bro hoofs Received:
    [video=youtube;wwZ4suij8oM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZ4suij8oM[/video] Doesn't this deserve a place on the list?

3. Tommyspud

Tommyspud Suplex Level - Friendship Castle

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I'm assuming you mean Non-anime, so here.
    [youtube]Z0cFOj6z9Lg[/youtube]

Edit: I don't care that it's an animated movie, it's an animated CARTOON movie.

4. Airship McHoof

Banned Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    You yourself accused me of not being specific with my posts, yet this post specifically states "Top 5 Badass Fights in Cartoon SHOWS".

You can't just ignore the "show" part. And if you do, you don't get to throw accusations at me of not being specific.

5. Fenris Rose

Fenris Rose Going Through Changes
    Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    So... is there actually a discussion here, or is this yet another pointless thread that would better as a blog post?

6. Airship McHoof

Banned Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I don't use this site's blog.

And you know, you can say wether you agree with my choicesor not, or add choices of your own. That's a lot more productive than just asking "if there a discussion here?".

And need I remind you that every single time I tried to start what you think as a discussion, you yelled at me for criticising "My Little pony"? When I asked why didn't Twilight bring the Cutie Mark Crusaders to fight Starlight Glimmer, you went "I thought you said you would only say positive things about the show!", instead of actually add to the "discussion". In fact, every single time I criticize anything revolving around the Cutie Mark Crusaders (who are the Charlie Browns of Equestria, given how the show goes out of its way to make them suffer as much as possible), you always yell at me instead of "discussing".

So, where is the discussion? Buried in a mountain of "HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING REMOTELY NEGATIVE ABOUT MY LITTLE PONY!"-style comments.

7. Tommyspud

Tommyspud Suplex Level - Friendship Castle

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I'm sorry, but in the form of two parters in media today, I consider DC Animated Movies to be the equivalent to that.

Because they have a pacing LIKE a two parter of a TV-Show.

But if you want to pull hairs, there's probably something in Justice League or Justice League Unlimited I can pull out.

And you are unspecific with your topics, this one, for example, do you include anime or not.

Facts are facts.

8. Fenris Rose

Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    The whole "CMC vs Starlight Glimmer" thing? That was a dumb question. It's still a dumb question. It will always be a dumb question.

The problem that I see isn't that you criticize the show, it's why you criticize the show.
    You seem to have these off-the-wall headcanons about the characters, (like your insistence that Fluttershy is Belldandy), and you get mad whenever the show disagrees with your headcanons.

I've seen this exact same behavior a hundred times over on a dozen different shows, so you can at least take comfort in knowing that you're not the only one who does this sort of thing.

9. Airship McHoof

Banned Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Yeah, because wondeing why everyone treated the Cutie Mark Crusaders like crap in "Ponyville Confidential", or wondering why did Babs Seed join Diamond Tiara's posse in "One Bad Apple" (and why would Diamond Tiara want that, her bullying of the Cutie Mark Crusaders revolves entirely around them not having Cutie Marks, she wouldn't see Babs Seed as anything other than another target for her bullying), or wondering why it took a fly geting hurt rather her five friends for Fluttershy to attack the villain in "Power Ponies", all of that has A LOT to with my Riserverse stories....

[​IMG]

...I only mentioned my Riseverse FANFICTION once, maybe twice, and NEVER in any of my reviews of the episodes of the show.

So you give no real reason why me criticiziung the show is wrong.

#9 Airship McHoof, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  10. Heimdall

Bro hoofs Received:
    No offense but, when we give you answers to those questions you refuse to listen to them. It's almost like you want the show to be bad. And if someone doesn't agree with you, then you get angry and play the victim card.

QUOTE=Airship McHoof;655007]...I only mentioned my Riseverse FANFICTION once, maybe twice, and NEVER in any of my reviews of the episodes of the show. [/QUOTE]
    I disagree, remember the whole "this make sense in my fan fiction" thing?

11. yamet

yamet A Pony Every Pony Should Know

Bro hoofs Received:
    You seem to forget that some people actually added to the discussion in the "Why didn't the CMC fight Starlight Glimmer" thread. The only problem was that they disagreed with you.

12. Fenris Rose

Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Because it gets old.

If you're not a fan of Friendship is Magic, that's fine. Just stop insulting the show on a forum for people who are fans.

13. Airship McHoof

Banned Regular

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Criticism is not insult. I point out the flaws in episodes BECAUSE I want the show to improve and learn from its mistakes.

You can find plot holes in a show a movie even if you like it.

Like the eagles thing in "Lord of the Rings". I love all the Middle Earth movies,and it STILL bugs me that they never used them to drop the ring on Mount Doom.

Or the thing about Han shooting first. We the fans are the ones pissed off at Greedo shooting first.

14. Heimdall

Bro hoofs Received:
    Maybe you should point out the good things too?

But there is a reason for that.
    The eagles are Maiar (lesser gods or angels) incarnated as large birds. They are in service Manwë Súlimo, King of the Valar (greater gods or archangels), the eagles help only when Maiar wishes them to do so and only then.

Have you even read the The Silmarillion?

15. Fenris Rose

Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    You seem to be the only one who thinks that they're mistakes, though.

From where I'm standing, it seems to me that you want the show to change to suit your own vision of what you think it should be like.

- - Auto Merge - -

1. That's not what happened in the books. Remember the books? It was a book series first.

2. The Fell Beasts would have slaughtered the eagles long before they could get close to Mount Doom.

16. Dilly Star

Dilly Star The Dilliest in the Galaxy
    Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I seem to recall that there was a pretty decent fight scene in a Star Wars animated series that I really liked. I think it was the older Clone Wars micro series, and that it involved General Grevious. I'll try to look for it later.

Yep. Pretty much.

17. Tyro D. Fox

Tyro D. Fox Ho, hog, heg! I can does Game Dev thing, yes!
    Admin Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    Student
    Earth, Milky Way, A few thousand dots to the right
    You grumpy guts...

The fact that this remarkably large detail is left out of the movies is a huge, huge, huuuuuuge problem. Sure, the books took the time to flesh it out but the original point was that NONE of the movies (as far as I know because I haven't seen the third Hobbit yet) bother to mention this detail to explain why they can't just fly to Mount Doom. Because of this, you can't get angry at anyone other than Peter Jackson.

The guy is clearly a big ol' Tolken fan and should have had some idea of what he was doing. And yet, it was left out, making this infamous plot hole. Winge to him, not at other members trying to discuss things with you.

Oh! OH!

[​IMG]
    You do not get to tell someone not to say what they think about a TV Show just because it's not favourable. Or Media in general. Generally, it's the people busting the biggest guts over it that love it the most, because it's done something they think could have been better.

'Cause outside of a punchline, why does Fluttershy only hulk out then? And yeah, it is kinda suspect that Babs Seed would be welcome with Tiara.

Except that I would say Tiara is picking on the CMC because she knows she can get a response out of them without repercussion. Not simply because of the Blank Flank. It's just a button she's pushing over and over to try and get a rise out of the three, it doesn't seem to matter that much to her otherwise.

See Ridley? Was that hard? There are tones of things I love that I know have some wicked awful flaws in them, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic included.

But you talk about them in the hopes that they'll improve. That they'll get better. Ignoring them does nothing.

And yeah, the Changeling Theme was awesome.