Twilight's Kingdom

Discussion in 'Episode Discussion' started by Appledash2012, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Rarit E

Rarit E *clank*clank*clank*clank*
    Deactivated Banned Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    You all noticed the Discord x Celestia shipping at the end there, didn't you? :Trollestia:

2. Fenris Rose

Fenris Rose Going Through Changes
    Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    It was kinda hard to miss.

[​IMG]

3. Rarit E

Bro hoofs Received:
    Also, Twilight trying to lower the moon kind of reminded me of this:

[video=youtube;KafNXjIh4MU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KafNXjIh4MU[/video]

4. Tempest Wind

Tempest Wind Princess of the Forum
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
  5. Nights☆

Nights☆ Marceline

Bro hoofs Received:
    Vampire Queen
    I literally facepalmed at that exact moment and my thought was, "Oh no ... Celecord shippings intensify." I proceeded to ponder on whether or not the writers knew what they had done. Meghan knows ... I'm sure of it.

What can be said about Twilight's Kingdom? It was a two parter. It was written by Meghan McCarthy. Oh and one more important little detail ... best episode ever! I haven't felt this many feels since MMC. I was beginning to think these episodes had nothing in common. I was looking for a singular detail that would connect all the rainbow objects together but couldn't find one. Then Discord comes along and makes it look soooooo easy. Once the link was established I had already hypothesized that the objects were the keys. But how could they be? They didn't look like keys. And Pinkie Pie decides to choke her chicken *cough* which ends up flying through the air and coming into contact with the chest ... which then turns the chicken into a key. Like, what? So after all this time of me thinking they had forgotten about the chest and the keys they had actually gathered them all ... except one.

Twilight, being the princess that she is, had yet to face diversity in terms of her element. So what now? The Princesses decided to give all their power to one pony in particular and who else could it be ... Twilight of course. Reluctant at first, Twilight takes on the trio's magic in hopes of preventing Tirek, the villain of this finale, from taking it for himself. (Secretly she was thinking about becoming the new supreme ruler of Equestria.) So of course things go wrong when Twilight can't control her new found power, resulting in premature teleportation *cough*. Tirak decided to leave the ponies alone after finding that the Princesses magic was gone because he couldn't possibly know where it we- ... Well he wouldn't have known where it went if it wasn't for Celestia's obsession with capturing events in stained windows. Tirak sees that there is now a fourth alicorn princess and turns to his partner, Discord of course, to tell him where to find her.

Twilight decides to go somewhere private to experiment *cough* with her new power. She leaves the others in charge of keeping the citizens of Ponyville in their homes. To be honest if I see a ten foot centaur with giant horns and foreboding magic emanating from them ... I might choose to lock my doors. So Twilight rushes off and the ponies are quick to work. They finish up and are greeted by a deceiving Discord who imprisons them in a metal cage. We all raged when we saw Fluttershy cry at Discords deceit. What comes around goes around though as Tirek betrayed Discord in a similar manner. No longer of use to him, Tirek threw Discord aside like tr- *cough* ... *sigh* he threw him aside. So here we are at the climax of this two part season finale. Twilight and Tirek finally meet and the encounter turns into an epic battle royal. It had a style similar to that of a Dragonball battle. Ending with a draw, Tirek decides to play the ace up his sleeve. He offers Twilight her friends in exchange for her magic.

Here's the good part ... Twilight agrees to the trade for her friends, all of her friends. Surprisingly enough this included Discord in the deal. Tirek agrees and the trade is made. Discord, wholeheartedly distraught by his betrayal to his comrades, offers a gift of friendship to Twilight. An amulet given to Discord by Tirek as a sign of good faith earlier on in the finale. Lo and behold a rainbow glimmer shined across the amulet. Twilight and her friends rush off to find the chest. After unveiling the final key, the six of them unlock each of their respective keys. A blast of light and we see a mane6 transformed. Having to go through diversity for each of their elements, they unlocked a supercharged version of the elements of harmony. After becoming OP, they deplete Tirek of his power, restore the power to the ponies of Equestria, and free the Princesses. Just when we thought the surprises were over, the box floats into ponyville and plants itself like a seed in the ground. A magical castle arises and we find ourselves wondering who this castle, the only castle in Ponyville, could possibly belong too. If you haven't guessed it was Twilight's and her companions. In a Knights of the Round-esque type of room we see thrones for each of the ponies, and one for Spike apparently.

Well, that was my comedic summary of the finale. Missed out on some of the details but hit the critical ones. Now all that's left is my opinion ... This finale was by far the best I've yet to see in terms of both finale's and episodes altogether. It pieced together the episodes from S4, we finally got to see what the box contained (I was still hoping for Celestia in a Banana outfit), and Princess Twilight finally got her castle/kingdom, ergo the title of the episodes. Aside from Fluttershy's tears, this was an extremely well written episode. Meghan McCarthy outdid herself this time (someone watched a little too much DBZ while writing the battle sequence). To the writers, the animators, and the voice actors I tip my hat. This finale will keep me content for sometime as it will need to. The next season is due to air in 2015.

This finale was the best ... possible ... thing!

#45 Nights☆, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  6. Eluuna

Eluuna У вас нет жизни. Вы гуглите это.
    Community Moderator Wizard

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I loved this.. so much. Beyond words. It was.. amazing. I am speechless.
    God damn it, I love this show.

7. Yamiookami

Yamiookami EP's Resident Yami

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Pushing carts at a store...woo-hoo.
    I hereby demand that all Celestia x Discord shipping be referred to as "Dislestia."

8. Rarit E

Bro hoofs Received:
    [​IMG]

[video=youtube;P8ghXxXyAuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ghXxXyAuw[/video]

9. Fenris Rose

Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I just realized something.
    They raised the bar so damned high with this finale... what if they never reach it again?
    What if this is as good as it gets?

10. Yamiookami

Yamiookami EP's Resident Yami

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Pushing carts at a store...woo-hoo.
    We said the same thing about the season 2 finale.

11. Fenris Rose

Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Really?
    Well, that makes me feel much better.

12. Rarit E

Bro hoofs Received:
    Guess who just found another way to become king of the world.

[​IMG]

13. Fenris Rose

Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Applejack has no tact.

[​IMG]

14. Bot-chan

Bot-chan A Pony Every Pony Should Know

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I'm not the biggest fan of Twilight's new castle. It looks dark and cold and reminds me of the caves Chrysalis tried to imprison Twilight and Cadance. Not the most cozy place to rule from (and probably live in, considering what happened to Twilight's old home in Ponyville). Also, not a fan of the final rainbow-powered pony designs. In my opinion, even the promo material looked better for once.

The episode itself wasn't bad, though. Okay, so the final battle reminded me a lot of Dragonball Z (including the whole powering up thing, complete with glowing and ridiculous hair), the rainbow cannon one-hit-kill returns and Celestia was able to exhibit a new example of her incompetence (I wonder how she ever managed to rule Equestria for a 1000 years without it becoming a complete wasteland. Must have been the most uneventful millennium in its history). But still, it was fun, it looked nice and I enjoyed it for what it was.

15. Crimson Lionheart

Crimson Lionheart Professional Sh*tposter
    Veteran

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Looking for Work
    [​IMG]

What you don't see...
    [​IMG]

#55 Crimson Lionheart, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  16. Hero Mode

Hero Mode I like Rarity, that is all

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    Currently unemployed

I know I think the entire fight sequence was a reference to Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan vs. Super Perfect Cell and the whole Princess Cadence, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna giving Princess Twilight their magic was similar to how Super Saiyan 1 Adult Gohan, Super Saiyan Vegeta, Super Saiyan Goten, Super Saiyan Kid Trunks and Videl just because she was pregnant with Pan at the time gave their Super Saiyan energy/ power to Goku which allowed him to transform into a Super Saiyan God, this episode had Dragon Ball Z references a plenty and I loved every second of it plus all of the princesses sang a song together so all in all it was a really good episode.

17. Tempest Wind

Tempest Wind Princess of the Forum
    Veteran

Bro hoofs Received:
    Wow, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking of when I saw that.

18. royron32

royron32 An Everypony Regular
    Blank Flank

Bro hoofs Received:
    This episode was pure epic! Seriously best finale ever!

19. Fenris Rose

Deactivated Old-Timer

Cutie Mark:
    Bro hoofs Received:
    I really wish that people would stop comparing the fight sequences in the finale to Dragonball Z.
    I don't recall Tirek standing around gawking for ten minutes as Twilight charged up her attacks while boasting about how powerful she was.

20. Rarit E

Bro hoofs Received:
    The season finale didn't take 20 episodes either.